My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Papertake Weekly - A lovely Sketch

Good morning everyone,
Hope you all have had a fantastic week-end, the weather hasn't been too bad has it... just cold bbrrr!  Can you believe we are almost out of March already.  David and I are going to Germany this week as it's our Grandsons 6th Birthday, he is growing up so fast! Really looking forward to it.

Anyway on to my card for today, it's Tuesday so it's time for another challenge over at Papertake Weekly which is a lovely sketch challenge.  You can use the new sketch that Dawny has done, or you can choose a different one from the lovely collection on the Papertake Weekly blog here, but remember it must be one of ours. I chose the new sketch, it was lovely to work with and I really enjoyed making it, once I had found my mojo as he did a little walk about this week lol!!




I used another LOTV pre-coloured art pad image from Set 3 'Wild Flowers'... I used a sprinkling of frantage around the edges, I love this stuff! (I did knock the whole jar over, but managed to scoop most of it up lol!!).. I've just had one of those weeks lol!!  It's lovely and sparkly as I used lots of Stardust Stickles on the flowers, butterflies and my flower at the bottom.  I also put a strip of navy and gold ribbon tucked under the blue panel, the photo doesn't show it up to well, but the little bit of gold really sparkles too.  The flower die is a gorgeous Tim Holtz die that I bought at the 'Harrogate' show last week, I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of this, and of course I used my old faithful 'Marianne' swirl die! butterflies are Martha Stewart all jazzed up with stickles and pearls.  I also popped the lovely doo hickey 'So wrapped, Lovely' Die into the side. The lovely papers are 'Petal Fresh' from LOTV by Mary Fran.


Challenge Entered
LOTV - Bingo (Ribbon, Pearls and Flowers)
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Love to Create - Bingo (Flowers, Blue and Ribbon)

Hope you all have a 'FABULOUS' Mother's Day on Sunday, and hope you all get very, very spoilt.  When my kids were little I always got breakfast in bed (which David and the kids had put together) and we would all open my pressies together, me still half a sleep, but the kids loved it, and the kids would jump up and down on the bed with excitement and say 'come on Mum open your pressies, come on lol!!  It was fabulous, do miss those special times.  What would we do without memories hey! Talking about memory, don't forget to pop over to PTW and see the fabulous cards the other girls have made, lots of fabulous inspiration and a prize to be won too!...

Sorry I seem to have waffled on a bit here... Have a great week and take care...
Love and Hugs,
Marjorie xx

22 comments:

  1. Wow Marjorie! This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Marjorie! A lovely design, love the blue and all the sparkle! Glad the mojo came back! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! Marjorie, this is soooo beautiful!!! I love the rich colors!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Marjorie..I love the frantage on the edges around the fabulous image..gorgeous layers and papers and such a great sketch.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Marjorie. I love the image and the colours. Beautiful papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful Marjorie - stunning colours and I love the fabulous flower and that gorgeous tag.
    Have a wonderful time in Germany - Happy 6th Birthday to your Grandson :o)
    Have a fab evening.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Marjorie, love everything about it! fab new flower die...Hope a wonderful time with your Grandson-Happy 6th Birthday.
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card Marjorie!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful, Marjorie! Lovely blues and that flower looks amazing! Have a fabulous time in Germany! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow this is just too beautiful with the awesome blue colouring. A great take on the sketch too.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you make this image pop extra with the glitter! Very beautiful card Marjorie!!
    Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous, loving your colour choices too, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in awe!!!! Those flowers look so darn real, like you just reach out and touch them as the hang over the edge of the vase. You've really created a beautiful masterpiece here Marjorie. I'm totally in love with it. That is some spectacular coloring my friend. Hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome thanks for joining us at sister act this week and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  15. so stunning marjorie.really gorgeous design and colours and i love the floral image ;D


    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card this week. I love blue cards, and these shades have a real richness to them, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning...and blue is my favourite colour. Love this card.

    Thanks for taking part in the Stamping Dragon 'Bling it up' Challenge with us:

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! Love the shades of blue!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Stamping with the Dragon.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another gorgeous card with the flower images Marjorie, really pretty

    Thanks for joining in our 'crafty bingo' challenge.

    Anne x
    Lili of the Valley

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Marjorie.
    This is again a beautiful card from you. I like the colors. The Suget is colored wonderfully.
    Greetings from Switzerland
    Kate
    http://kate1975.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Die Blumen sind nur eingeklebt aber der Rahmen den Du für sie gestaltet hast ist fantastisch !!
    (Gorgeous - fantastic)
    LG Helga

    ReplyDelete