My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Anything Goes at 'Papertake Weekly'

Good morning everyone,
Hope you have had a great week-end!. Isn't it lovely to have longer days of daylight, I hate the dark nights and mornings!!  Well it's Tuesday already and time for another Papertake Weekly Challenge and we all love 'Anything Goes'.  There is also an optional extra to include home made flowers.  These can be made using punches or dies, felt, crochet etc... or you could adapt a ready made flower and turn it into something different, the choice is yours.  For my card I used a lovely verse from LOTV, and decorated it with pearls and a flower I made myself.... do you know how excited I was when it came together lol!!  I have spent so much time on the internet looking at flowers, I have forgot now where I saw this one, as there are so many tutorials that make similar types... I have had a go at a few different styles but quiet liked this one, it has lots of dimension and is so strong, considering it's only made out of black, and white card.... I embossed some white card with an embossing folder for the background, and the border is a Martha Stewart punch and I decorated the little daisies with pearls too, but you can't see it so well on the photo.


My Aunty, who is my Mum's Sister passed away this week-end, and I thought that maybe this might make a nice sympathy card, but I'm not sure the verse is quiet right, can't make up my mind.  Does anyone have any thoughts on it?

Card Recipe
Image - LOTV - Quotables 
Punches - Martha Stewart 
Dies - Magnolia Swirl, Spellbinders Picot Edge Circles,
Joy Daisy Flower die for Flower

Challenges entered
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Card and Scrap - Use your dies
Crafting From The Heart - Dies or Punches

Do pop over to Papertake Weekly and see what fabulous creations the other girls have done, also have a go at making your own flowers it really is so satisfying and you can co-ordinate them with your card.  Also there is a fabulous prize to be won too! ... 

Take care,
Love and Hugs,
Marjorie x

19 comments:

  1. So gorgeous, Marjorie!! I love all the pretty lacy cutouts and beauitful embossing! Faboulous card!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Marjorie - classic and elegant and your flower is stunning.
    I think it would be perfect for your Mum on such a sad occasion - very uplifting.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Marjorie. I love the sentiment and such a gorgeous design. A lovely card to give at such a sad time.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, a really lovely sentiment, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Marjorie. All the detail is superb and I love the black and white!.Love your flower!! you have been a busy girl! Sorry about your Auntie but the jury is out on the sentiment...like you unsure.Personal choice I guess.Hugs, hope to see you soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your black and white card it's so stunning

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Marjorie this is so beautifully designed it looks quite classy the black and white is so elegant I love both the verse and the die cuts you have used excellent card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Marjorie!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Marjorie, love the design and all the pretty details. Sorry to hear about your Aunty hun, big hugs.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous,fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry about your Aunt Marjorie. This card is gorgeous and I think the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning, Marjorie. Chic and stylish with so many gorgeous details. So sorry to hear of your loss. I think an uplifting sentiment like that would be perfect. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and elegant in black and white


    Thank you for joining in our challenge at Card and Scrap
    DT, Lissy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Marjorie. I love the sentiment and pretty border punch.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card and love the use of all the die cuts and punches. Thankyou for joining in with the Challenge at That Craft Place. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Marjorie .. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Aunty. This is a very beautiful sympathy card .. love your design .. as I know these are the hardest cards to make. Sending prayers and hugs your way ...

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  18. so stunning marjorie.the design is so stylish and the verse is beautiful.i am so sorry to hear about your families loss.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful card Marjorie!

    Love the flower very, very much!!

    Sorry to read about your Aunty .. .. a sad time for you all :-(

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete