My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 28 July 2015

Take Your Pick

Good morning everyone, Can you believe it's time for another challenge over at 'Papertake Weekly'... Where is time going too!! .... anyhow it's 'Take Your Pick' this week and there are a few options you can choose from..  There's a sketch, colour, Technique and Product... I have gone with technique which is to make a tag or include a tag... This is my first attempt with grunge paste, stencils and paints... I loved it, but messed up a hell of a lot lol!!.. this isn't brilliant, and I would have liked to have had another attempt but time isn't on my side at the moment! My first attempt at stamping straight on to the paint was a disaster, I didn't press hard enough and I had put quiet a lot of time into colouring etc.. but the magical thing about paint is, I was able to paint over it and stamp the sentiment again!!.. also what I didn't realize was that I had used the stencil back to front lol!! but I don't think it looks too bad does it!...



I noticed my ribbon was fraying, so I tided it up a little although I think I liked it looking a bit rough! It also started out being cream coloured.. I dyed it with Tim Holtz distress inks to make it match better with my paint, I do suggest you use gloves for this as it took a couple of days for the dye on my hands to disappear lol!!


My little butterfly started it's life out as silver I have painted it and given it the Treasure Gold treatment .. I love this stuff and put it on everything these days lol!!, I also used Treasure Gold around the edges of the tag..

What I used
Stencil - Papermania - Summer Blooms
Paints - PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics
Colours used Bora Bora, South Pacific, and Hey Pesto
Docrafts Artiste - All Purpose White Acrylic Paint
Reeves - Medium Yellow, Brilliant Red Acrylic Paints
Treasure Gold Gilding Wax
Sentiment - Inkylicious 
Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Inks 
Ribbon - The Ribbon Girl
Script Stamp - Kaisercraft

Challenges Entered
TBA

Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp who are offering a lovely gift voucher to the winner


It would be lovely if you could join in this week, also do take a peek at what my lovely teamies have made, they are always coming up with wonderful ideas...

Just wanted to say also that I won't be around for a few weeks, as my son and family are coming from Germany for two weeks. We are so looking forward to seeing them all as Christmas was the last time we saw them, I can't believe that our little granddaughter Annelie is almost a year old and Liam is 8   Then David and I want to take a couple of weeks for ourselves, we need some time out to catch up with ourselves, if you know what I mean lol!! We always seem to be rushing all the time and not really achieving what we want, so we are both getting stressed lol!! My Mum isn't in the best of health at the minute either. 

I would just like to say a big 'Thank You' to all you lovely ladies that leave me beautiful comments, I really appreciate the time you take to come and visit, as I know life can be pretty hectic at times for all of us.. you all take care... see you in a few weeks xx
Love and Hugs,
Marjorie xx


17 comments:

  1. I think it looks AMAZING!!!! Such beautiful colors, Marjorie! Absolutely beautiful!! I'd never have guessed this was your first time using some of these products!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous tag Marjorie the colours are like sparkling summer love that butterfly, a super, super make. Enjoy your time with your family and your couple of weeks break.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow hun, i love it, the colours and design are fab, the butterfly looks awesome too, hope you have a lovely time with your family and your time to yourselves after too,
    see you when you get back, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow hun, i love it, the colours and design are fab, the butterfly looks awesome too, hope you have a lovely time with your family and your time to yourselves after too,
    see you when you get back, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is gorgeous Marjorie. I love the pretty flower and beautiful colours.
    Have a fabulous time with your family.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag Marjorie and I love your stencilled flowers and gorgeous colours.The butterfly is so pretty and love background. I hope you have a wonderful time with your family and an even more wonderful time together with your husband....

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautifully done, you've done a great job using paints and stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is amazing, Marjorie! Gorgeous texture and colour! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWOWOW Loving this and the colours are gorgeous.
    did you know I have candy...http://thejourneyisthestart.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/birthday-candy.html

    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. this just look amazing I love what you have done the colours the stamp everything is perfect I love it it was worth the mess !! Enjoy your family time have a good break Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous tag Marjorie. Love the colours and wonderful texture. hugs, Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous tag Marjorie, it's a gorgeous colour
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clever or what ! BRILLIANT...love it......everything about it.........give yourself a pat on the back Sis! How come Papertake does the tag challenge the week after I post my tag card? Have a good time with your family and tell David not to stand still for too long or he might find himself painted and grunged! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, love the colours and design hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tag Marjorie love the colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. I keep stopping by, just in case you've done something new and popped up again! Hope you're ok Marjorie

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete