My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Happy Easter

Good afternoon everyone, hope you have all had a great week.  I'm on a mission at the moment, I feel my cards need a bit of umph!!  I want to make something a bit different, so I'm trying out a few different card folds, first up is this centre step card which I came across in one of my card magazines.  I had to alter it a little to fit in with my design for this Easter Card. Hope you like it!

We have a lovely challenge today over at 'Papertake Weekly', Dawny has chosen an Easter Theme... you can make a card for Easter or include something egg shaped or oval on your card, so I decided to go with an Easter card and this little image is just right for this card fold too... I had lots of fun dressing it up!


 I Decoupaged the eggs, you can see it a little in this photo






I am really pleased how it's turned out. I have had this lovely image for ages in my drawer, it's called 'Spring Bunny with eggs' from LOTV.  I used my Tim Holz Distress markers to colour it.  I haven't done any colouring for a while so it was lovely to sit and relax for awhile lol!!  I made a bit of a mess of the image so coloured a second one, and didn't like that either, so I decided to use the first bunnie and decoupage the eggs, I got this idea from Debby who uses decoupage all the time, her cards are amazing, you can see her lovely work here.
Card Recipe
Image - 'Spring Bunny With Eggs' LOTV
Papers - Papermania 'Sweet Nothings'
Colouring Medium - Tim Holtz Distress Markers
Dies - Memory Box ' Arboscello Tree and Puffy Clouds
Cheery Lynn Designs - Flourish Leaf Strip
Doo Hickey - Butterfly
Fencing - Marianne
Gems etc from my stash

Challenges Entered
Ribbon Girl Challenge - Lovely Lili Challenge - Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge - 'E' for Easter

That's it from me today, hope you all have a fantastic Easter, and that you manage to squeeze some crafting into the week-end too! Also pop over to the 'Papertake Weekly' challenge and see what fabulous cards my teamies have made, and you could win a super, duper prize too!..
You all take care,
Love and Hugs,
Marjorie xx

19 comments:

  1. WOW! Marjorie...certainly oomph in this one...its fab! love the image(I have this one too) and the tree and the fence and the..........everything!! A fab card! Bet you don't want to part with this one. xxhugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Easter card Margorie love your leaping bunny

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Marjorie..love the cute bunny and colouring and love all the details and beautiful butterfly..so very pretty and cute too.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Marjorie - love the card shape and fabulous scene you have created with that adorable bunny taking centre stage.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous Easter card and love the design and details
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marjorie this card is gorgeous. A very Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Marjorie, it's absolutely gorgeous and so so cute, the design and colours look fabulous.
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful shaped card, Marjorie! Lovely Easter ‘garden’ design!
    Have a great Easter! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cutie of a card!
    thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet-Challenge!

     

    Hugs and kisses from germany,

    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful Easter centre step design with so many fun little elements and all in all a stunning Easter scene.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh Marjorie! This is absolutely STUNNING! I love how you've coloured this little cutie and how you've decorated this project!!!!!! Gorgeous!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  12. so stunning marjorie.fabulous stepper design and i love your details and sweet bunny :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely Easter card, love the stepper design.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Marjorie, love the cute image and beautiful design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think your cards are lacking oomph Marjorie but this shape is great, fun to decorate too. Love how you created a little scene with the tree, fence and clouds. Gorgeous bold colours too.
    Have a lovely Easter weekend.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow how fun is this card! Love the folds, the sweet image and fence! Sooo cute :)

    Have a lovely Easter

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Easter Marjorie. Lovely card and such a sweet LOTV image. Great way to save your image (and time) with a bit of decoupage!
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a really sweet stepper card, Marjorie! You have decorated it so beautifully with die cuts, it's such a great spring scene for the cute Easter bunny. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. First time to your blog,you have so many beautiful designs and fantastic creations.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete